This is not just an outdoor course, it is one of life’s great experiences!
The Manor House is recognised as a centre of excellence in the development of outdoor professionals. The Outdoor Instructor Training course will provide those looking for a career in the Outdoor Industry with a wide range of qualifications, along with the softer inter personal skills they need.
If you are seeking to venture into the exciting world of outdoor education and are looking for a partner to help, coach, develop your skills thus enabling you to begin your new career with the best possible advice, training and support you have come to the right place.
We will discuss with you your options, consider and put together a development plan that will enable you to realise your dreams and join a select group of professional outdoor instructors.
At Manor House, you won’t just be given the qualifications you need to become an effective outdoor activity leader, but you will also learn the skills required to be a part of the industry for years to come, building your career as you go. There is a reason why Manor House graduates are well sought after by industry employers.
** We are Now taking Bookings for 2017 Course - contact us now for the full Course Prospectus! **
SPECIAL OFFER: Get a Free WiFi enabled Tablet for EVERY student, preloaded with all the course training notes and hand outs! Yours to keep after the course; an invaluable reference tool for your future career! AND . . . a FREE Exclusive Manor House Instructor Training Course Jacket!
About The Outdoor Instructor Course
Our courses are tailored with you in mind, we are realistic about what you will achieve during your time with us, what we will provide is the best possible start and foundation from which you will be able to build. Begin your Journey with us “Your Success is our success”
During your time on the course you will develop your skills in these specific activities: Climbing, Kayaking, Sea Kayaking, Canoeing, Stand Up Paddleboarding, Mountain Skills And Navigation, Beach Lifeguard Skills, First Aid. You will also work on the theoretical and practical aspects of risk assessments, hazard management, group management and leadership, to name but a few of the soft skills modules we include. These Soft Skills Modules give our Students the Edge over the competition!
- 16 week Intensive Outdoor Instructor Training Course
- Full Time Training Course
- NOVEMBER to MARCH each year
- Minimum Age 18 years
- Qualifies for Professional Career Development Loans
- Resident or Non Resident Options
- 2 week Break over Christmas Holidays
National Governing Body Qualifications Offered:
- BCU/UKCC 2 Star Award Qualifications - Kayak and Canoe
- BCU/UKCC FSRT Foundation Safety & Rescue Techniques
- BCU/UKCC Level 1 Instructor Qualification
- BCU 3 Star Sea Kayak Award
- SLSGB Beach Lifeguard Qualification
- SLSGB Surf Lifeguard Qualification
- SLSGB Surf Lifesaver Qualification
- BSUPA Stand Up Paddleboard Instructor Level 1 Qualification
- SLSGB Advanced Life Support Qualification
- SLSGB Aquatic First Aid and Oxygen Therapy Qualifications
- MT UK Single Pitch Award (SPA) Training / Assessment
- MT UK Mountain Leader (ML) (Summer) Training / Assessment
- MT UK Hill and Moorland Leader (HML) Training / Assessment
- MT UK Lowland Leader (LL) Training & Assessment
- MT UK Hill Skills Course
- PCV D1 Minibus Driving Qualification (Min age 21, additional module after the course)
You will have plenty of opportunity to consolidate your training and spend time doing the activities and what better place could you want; Cornwall offers some of the best beaches, coastlines and sea cliffs the world has to offer let alone the UK.
We train this industry’s future professionals; we don't just provide a series of qualifications. We also provide Career Planning and professional help with regard to CV writing, personal presentation, and interview skills.
The Manor House operates to exceptionally high standards in everything it does, you only have to look at our client base to recognise our product is of the highest level and therefore our instructors are more than equal to that standard. We train instructors in a manner that will allow you to become a part of an elite group of specialists who understand the needs of their clients and deliver an experience second to none.
You may become one of our team after your training and take the second step with us, you may go on to other centres to build upon your experience and training and then perhaps come back to us to grow to the next level.