Action Packed from Morning 'til Night!
Morning, afternoon and evening activities are planned each day according to your individual itinerary. Breakfast is served usually at 8am and sessions tend to be from 9.00am to 12.00 and 1pm to 4.00pm with return to the Manor House by about 5.00pm. Dinner is usually served at 6pm and evening activities start at 7pm to 9pm. Manor House Team members are on duty until 10pm and there are resident staff on site.
There are a number of activities that we offer from which you can select your favourites. Each session is a quality session, giving each child time to learn the skills required and then to practise the skills whilst enjoying the activity. Don't be fooled by Centres offering 6 activities every day or 40 activities in a week; time allowed for each activity will not give the children chance to learn the skills and then to practise them before moving on to the next session. They may get to try many activities, but what value will each actually give your students?
Activity Courses/Holidays May Include:
- Body Boarding
- Kayaking - play boats
- Sea Cliff Climbing
- Stand Up Paddleboarding
- Sea Kayaking
- Beach Lifeguard Skills Training
- Dinghy Sailing (extra Cost)
- Cycling - trails and off road through forests!
- Guided Coastal Walks
- Study of Coastal Erosion, view Blow Holes and Stacks
- Moorland Walks & Survival Skills
- Orienteering and Navigation Skills
- Screech Owl Sanctuary Visit
- Team Building
- Rock Pool & Beach Study
- Town & Tourism Studies
- Cornish Tin Mine Visit
- Blue Reef Aquarium Visit
- Visits to Eden Project and Eden Workshops
- Maritime Museum
- Crab Fishing
- Beach Games
- Beach Bonfire & Toasting Marshmallows
- Team Dynamics & Communication Exercises
- Adventure Parks
- Team Field Games
Field Study Trips
Field Study Trips are also very popular which could focus on any number of different aspects that Cornwall has to offer:
- Coastal Areas - weathering, erosion etc, viewing stacks, arches and blow holes
- Beaches - rock pool study, beach studies, marine wildlife. Specialists can be brought in to help with the Rock Pool Study if required
- Economic Studies - affects of tourism on the local area, affect of Rick Stein on Padstow
- Eden Project provides a vast array of study opportunities and we are lucky it is very close and we have a great working relationship with the Education Team. A number of studies can be made with or without the use of an Eden Workshop - Plant Diversity, Recycling & Global Warming, Fair Trade etc
Some schools also choose to use the Manor House as a Field Study Base organising their own study visits and activities. One of our rooms is often turned into a laboratory for marine experiments and the main dining room becomes a classroom complete with interactive whiteboard, flip charts and reference books
Talk to us about what you are hoping to achieve with your trip and we can help design it with you and offer suggestions which may help! We work closely with all our groups to ensure they have an individualised tailored program of activity to suit them.